Monday, June 3, 2013

Hidden Dining Jewels in sub-urban Eastern Bangkok

The Stranger in Bangkok is ready to open another mini-series on my blog.

Ok ok, I know, the last one I opened (Running a business in Thailand) is still stuck at 1 post, but believe me, I have plans to write many more posts on that topic, soon!

As many of you know, I have been in Bangkok for nearly 4 years. Since I came, I have been living in the sub-urban residential areas on the Eastern side of Bangkok. Over the years, I have experienced so much growth and development in this area that I feel it is now ready to be blogged about, starting with dining establishments.

My analysis of the BTS Sukhumvit Line
If you have been to Bangkok, I am sure you would have spent most of your time in the blue area of the BTS Line, where I consider to be the tourist haunt. This is where Phad Thai is commonly found in restaurants, and cafes still bother to dig cavities in whole pineapples to present what is called the pineapple rice, which is really just fried rice.

If you venture a little further East into the red zone, you will find a really nice and hip area where young working local adults and expats like to hang out. Chic dining and clubbing options are starting to saturate this area, especially along Ekkamai and Thong Lor.

I am going to focus my series on excellent dining establishments hidden in the green zone, where I consider the Eastern Oasis of Bangkok, that is located beyond On-Nut (these stations belong the recently-open Sukhumvit Line extension).

From excellent street food to cool bistros and authentic Italian restaurants, I virtually do not have to step out of my vicinity to enjoy everything.

Stay tuned if you would like to know more!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...