Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Birthday Letters from Daddy: Noah turns 7!

Dear Noah,

And so, in the blink of an eye, you are 7.

Where did all the time go?

I must admit, I have almost forgotten how look like when you were little, but that doesn't take away the fact that the years have flown past and it seems like yesterday when you were this little bald newborn sleeping on my chest, hardly longer than my forearm.

Handsome little man. Photo credit: Ohtography

A brilliant young man is on the brink of bursting out of your lanky frame, so in this new year, I hope to give you 2 important reminders.

Firstly, be aware of your surroundings. Focusing on the task at hand is good, but neglecting the happenings around you might translate to being inconsiderate, or even become the cause of danger to yourself/others.

This also applies to being sensitive to the others' feelings. Say the right things at the right time, and always strive to encourage positive energy if you can help it. Truth sometimes hurts, and is often so obvious that it doesn't have to be spoken. You are a clever boy, you will understand in time to come.

Precious memories with 88-yr-old great-grandma.

Secondly, you don't always have to win.

Participation is about giving it your best shot. In most cases, there can only be one winner. You can only make sure you play fair and square, putting your best foot forward. That way, regardless of the result, you can hold your head high, as you have not let anyone down.

Happy Birthday Noah.

So my little 7-year-old first-born, the rapidly growing boy who's still gleaming with child-like wonder, happy birthday.

Love,
Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...