Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Ultimate Hong Kong Guide 2023 - Where to eat Dim Sum (Yum Cha), Seafood and Roast Goose!

Hong Kong has been through a lot since my last visit in 2016. 7 years, the longest interval I remember having between 2 Hong Kong trips, as Hong Kong had always been one of my favourite places to visit, mainly because of the tip-top quality of food, be it fine-dining or straightforward everyday Cantonese fare (ie. cha chan tengs, dim sum houses, wanton noodles, roast etc). 

Hong Kong in a nutshell (to me anyway)

Then again, a lot has changed. Obvious geo-political issues have resulted in severe talent drain, further alleviated by the pandemic. Hong Kong has remained expensive without getting better. One though, can take comfort that it might be slightly less crowded (but still crowded nonetheless), and the notorious impolite service staff have become more accommodating, or been replaced by seamless online ordering platforms. 

Take my words with a pinch of salt, as I only went for 4D3N, and did not touch the exclusive realms of fine dining, which may well still be Asia's pinnacle. I am here to help, not dissuade you from visiting Hong Kong, by plucking out the best of what I enjoyed:

1. Life-changing Roast Goose (and it's not Kam's)



 2. The best seafood and sunset view



3. Affordable Dim Sum with Michelin Star (need to queue)
 


4. Dim Sum with a view (and no queue)
 


5. Dim Sum to be enjoyed like royalty having high tea


So there you go, and like my Taiwan guide, hopefully this becomes a running post that is constantly updated with every visit. Enjoy Hong Kong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...