Wednesday, June 28, 2017

2017 Half-term Report: Same same but different

Gosh, it's already the end of June, I thought 2017 had just started, and I guess it's fair to say that it seems to be nearing its end!

Wow, this year has been such a whirl for me. No, don't get me wrong, my life is still the same. Same country, same company, same job, same family (duh!), same blog, same Thai Government and same economy going through the same extended lull.

It doesn't sound very exciting at all, but it is. This year is the year I decided that sitting back hoping for things to change around me to happen is no longer good enough. Change comes from within. It's simply because everything is still the same, that I can concentrate on bringing positive change to my life.

I have the same 2 beautiful kids and the ever-lovely wife, but the kids are growing. My daughter is already in a nursery and will start her first school term in August (more dates with the wife finally!). They are slipping through my fingers and Daddy's expenditure will inevitably be ramped up significantly as this happens. Time to work harder without sacrificing precious family time. More little special family occasions, staycations, trips and nicer pictures will hopefully create priceless memories for us to cherish.


Work-wise, pro-active is the key word. Active diversification of our product lines and the commitment to provide the best service to our customers will hopefully mean an up-turn to our stagnating business. The poor economy is no longer going to be a convenient reason to explain a year with little or no breakthrough. Even if we can't beat the trends, we are not going down without a fight. In fact, we are in the process of finalizing a move to a brand new operating facility and creating the most exciting online marketing plan this industry has ever seen. Stay tuned.



Online, please be prepared folks, to see more and more of me. 2016 proved to be my least-prolific blogging year. but it's also the year that I started to see wider horizons for myself on this social media wave. I have started to create content for multiple platforms (will create a page to list them out soon) and plan to capitalise on this positive momentum. Therefore, you probably can't run away from the Stranger in Bangkok, be it here or somewhere else you least expected.



So there you go, thanks for bearing with me as I felt necessary to give a simple update of my boring life. Life might be the same, but embracing and creating change is actually a mindset. Having an idea in your head is great, but ultimately it's a big fat zero if you do nothing about it. Think, create, execute.

One of my favourite recent pictures.

I firmly believe that every good action will bring about a positive effect sooner or later, so rock on guys, let's fight the fight together, and may the rest of 2017 be an even better one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...