Thursday, January 29, 2015

[REVIEW] Foodpanda Thailand Food Delivery Service, with a brilliant discount code for my readers!

*Please read till the end, as I have a brilliant discount code for all my readers*

As you can see from my blog's first ever linky [Putting Food on the Table], I have been in charge of my family's meals most of the time for the past 3 years. But taking charge of meals does not necessarily mean cooking, as we still have to eat regardless of whether I have time to cook.

Bangkok has a very established food delivery industry. Not only can we get food from most restaurant chains delivered right to our doorstep, the services are also reliable and punctual.

I have 2 very little kids now. It is virtually impossible to weave through the Bangkok traffic with them to simply eat something that MIGHT be nice. So food delivery services mean more to me than just convenience. For a foodie like me, they also give me an opportunity to taste food from restaurants I would otherwise not have the opportunity to taste because of the complicated logistics of getting there.

Therefore, when Foodpanda approached me to explore the possibility of writing a review for their services, it all made sense, as I would really love to share with my fellow friends (especially those with families) an avenue to help them put proper food on the table when cooking at home is just not possible.

Personally, I judge food deliveries according to a few main criteria:
  • Punctuality and accuracy of food delivered
  • Packaging of the food and whether they are warm
  • Service attitude of delivery staff
  • Response from company when unexpected situations happen
I ordered meals from Foodpanda thrice via their pretty user-friendly phone application, and I shall share my very honest views on how each experience went for you to judge for yourself whether you would like to use it in the future.



1st Experience

Something that surprised me about Foodpanda was the availability of food that are not ready meals. For example, raw Norwegian salmon, organic juice cleanse packages, fresh Italian pasta and Paleo meals etc., so I gave it a try, as I would love to have some nice hard-to-get raw materials to aid me in my cooking endeavours.

I was still pretty confused on what would happen after my order, so after I pressed submit, I waited in anticipation. It didn't take very long, less than a minute, in fact, for Foodpanda staff to call me. The shop was closed, and it will stay closed for the next 2 weeks. Didn't your app show it was open? Hmmm...... but oh well, it didn't matter as I was not depending on the delivery for my dinner that night.

So there you go, my first experience. A pleasant failure.

Second Experience

It was a Sunday morning when we decided to order food for an early lunch, so we used Foodpanda again. This time, something different happened after I made the order. Instead of a call, I received a text message telling me the restaurant had received my order and that I would receive the food in an hour. And abacadabra, the food actually arrived within 30 minutes! Excellent, I must say. Here are the pictures of the food, all received perfectly packed (this really depends on the individual eatery) and warm.


Food all packed up

Yummylicious lunch

Third experience

After the positive experience on a weekend lunch, I decided to put Foodpanda to the test on a weekday night. After the order was placed, I received a phonecall immediately, with the operator informing me that the food might take up to 2 hours as their riders were busy and also whether I wanted to go ahead with the order. I accepted as I ordered the food early. It was a nice touch from them to have kept me in the loop on this unexpected situation.

Around 20 minutes later, the sms came, informing me that the restaurant has received the order and will deliver in an hours' time. And true to their word, I got the food less than an hour and a half after placing my order, which was much shorter than 2 hours!

We really enjoyed our dinner too, including Noah.

Once again, the food came perfectly packaged and warm.


Stranger in Bangkok's verdict.

Foodpanda is a good food delivery service, as they have a good mobile app that allows you to order food without having to make any calls, sends text messages to confirm orders, calls you promptly when unexpected situations arise, and finally delivers within the promised time.

However,  how excellent this service ultimately turns out to be for you really depends on your location, as the restaurant selection very much depends on your proximity to the participating eateries. The closer you are to the city, the more choices you will enjoy, I assume. That said, I am sure Foodpanda is in the process of garnering more food options in every location.

In any case, Foodpanda's a good panda, so do consider it should you need a convenient fix to put decent food on your table.


Bonus for my readers based in Thailand

Here comes the good news.

For all my readers who have not used Foodpanda before, they have given me a discount code specially for you.

When you place your order, fill in this discount code strangerxxx to get a 10% discount off the bill! This is only for the first 50 readers who have previously not used this service before, and the deal expires at the end of February 2015, so please order soon!


Disclaimer: Foodpanda provided me with voucher codes to try the service twice, but all opinions and comments are mine.


2 comments:

  1. where in bkk do you live? i was wondering if where you stay will affect the waiting times for the food as you know some areas are super jammed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bang For Your Baht

      I live in the Bang Jak area, Waiting times really differed, I think my area is far from most restaurants but I waited for less than half an hour for my first try.

      For my second one I waited 1.5 hours, but that's still less than what they asked me to wait (2 hours). I think it depends a bit on your luck and your timing as well.

      Eddie

      Delete

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...